Thursday, September 4, 2014

Workout post 1

Hello!

Tuesday morning started off a lot earlier than anticipated. I had a difficult time sleeping all night and then randomly, at four in the morning, I was awake for good. Don't ya hate when that happens?  Grr...

since I was awake I was able to put that time to good use. I ate my usual breakfast (oatmeal pancakes) and got my run on.  Today was week 4 day 2 of the Couch to 5k program. I love this program. I've done it a few years ago (running and I have an off again on again relationship) and think it's super doable. Today was jog 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 5 minutes, walk 2.5 minutes, jog 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds and jog 5 minutes.
The obligatory foot and dog selfie
My dog was super excited to go on a run.  She was my bestie the rest of the day.  I must be getting a little faster during my run because she seemed like she was running out of energy towards the end.  Maybe dogs have off days, too.

After my run I completed a circuit workout from the Housewife Glamour blog. Check out her blog.  It's super cute and she is very motivating and has some great workouts posted.  The push-ups were
definitely my sticking point. It felt like a good whole body workout.
Deuces Running + Circuit Workout
check out Houswifeglamour.com for all of the details!


Later in the evening The Hub's grandparents and parents came over for dinner. The Hubs planned dinner and decided on making some grilled Mahi Mahi, pesto tortellini, and some broccoli.  I decided to eat a sweet potato since I don't eat gluten. The Mahi Mahi came out great.  Our boys sure had a great time entertaining all of the grandparents. Everyone had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment