Friday, September 5, 2014

Thursday Workout

Thursday was a great day.  We drove up to my parent's house to get our goldfish they have been keeping for us.  They were sad to see her go.  This fish has a lot of personality.  I'm completely serious.  She shows off for food and it's pretty entertaining to watch.

Normally our boys are outside playing in the garden or otherwise rolling in the dirt but today we stayed in doors.  My dad saw a bear at their house the day before.  A freakin' bear.  Yeah.  I'm definitely not about to tango with that.

My oldest son has a cold so he didn't sleep well the night before.  Which means I didn't sleep well the night before.  I think there's always a direct coloration.  He's completely grossed out by snot and boogies - and while I appreciate that about him, it does make it a little hard when he gets a little upset if he even thinks he may get boogies on himself.  I had plans of waking up early to get in a workout before we left our house but since I didn't sleep well I over slept a bit.  Oops.

We used his cold as an excuse to swing by Jamba Juice on our way home to get some fresh squeezed juices. I sucked at taking pictures.  E for effort.

I managed to squeeze a workout in at night.  I signed up for Cassy Ho's my.blogilates.  Cassey not only puts together great youtube exercise videos, but she also has a workout calendar she puts out each month with an exercise plan for you to follow. It makes working out from home super easy.  I really can't recommend it enough.  Since I've been doing her programs I've noticed a ton more muscle tone in my arms and stomach.  Best of all - her workout program is free.  Yeah.  Pretty amazing.

Tonight I worked out my arms and back following her workout plan for the day.  I can tell I'm going to be sore tomorrow.  I don't know why but today felt super hard.

The first video, 5 minute fat burner,  was killer.  She started with Star Jump.  Yeah.  Those pretty much kill me every time.  The next few videos were: Arms on fire, Push plank challenge, toned arms and sculpted back, and stretches to relieve lower back pain.  I now feel like my arms are dead.  But in a good way.  Although I feel like this workout was super hard for me today, I can really tell like I've improved.  I still wuss out during some of the moves and have to take a break here and there - but I can do some of the exercises now better than I used to be able to.  She's also great at reinforcing the fact that we're all on our own fitness journey and not to compare ourselves to each other.

The night ended with some great leftovers and a bowl of chocolate crispies with almond milk.  Again - I suck at remembering to take pictures.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment